Haapsalu, a romantic seaside town located in western Estonia, is known for its rich cultural heritage and stunning beauty. Here are some of the top must-visit attractions when exploring Haapsalu:
1. Haapsalu Castle – Built in the 13th century, Haapsalu Castle is one of the most impressive attractions in the area. It offers visitors a chance to learn about the town’s history and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
2. Railway and Communication Museum – This unique museum showcases the history of transportation in Estonia, with an emphasis on trains and communication devices. It’s the perfect place for both history buffs and kids alike.
3. Ilon’s Wonderland – Ilon Wikland, an illustrator of children’s books, has her own gallery and garden in Haapsalu. The gallery features her original artwork and the garden is a magical place filled with sculptures and flowers.
4. Promenade – The charming waterfront promenade in Haapsalu is the perfect place to take a leisurely stroll, enjoy a cup of coffee, or admire the sunset.
5. Episcopal Castle – The ruins of the 13th century Episcopal Castle offer visitors a glimpse into the Medieval past. The castle is located on a small island in the bay, accessible by bridge.
Haapsalu is also known for its thermal mud spas, which are renowned for their healing properties. With its stunning natural beauty and rich cultural heritage, Haapsalu is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Estonia. Book your trip today and discover the best attractions in Haapsalu, Estonia!