Valencia, located on the east coast of Spain, has endless possibilities when it comes to things to do. From its unique architecture to its delicious cuisine, it’s no wonder that Valencia attracts millions of tourists each year. Here are some of the best things to do in Valencia:
1. Visit the City of Arts and Sciences – This futuristic complex houses an opera house, science museum, and an oceanographic park. It’s a must-visit for anyone interested in modern architecture.
2. Stroll through the Jardines del Turia – This former river bed turned park is Valencia’s longest green space. It’s perfect for a leisurely stroll, bike ride, or picnic.
3. Explore the historic center – This area is filled with historical monuments, such as the Valencia Cathedral and the Silk Exchange. Be sure to also stroll through the quaint streets and squares to truly experience the city’s charm.
4. Learn about Valencia’s food culture – Valencia’s gastronomy is known for dishes such as paella and horchata. Take a cooking class or food tour to truly taste the essence of Valencia.
5. Go to the beach – Valencia has miles of coastline, perfect for a day in the sun. Playa de la Malvarrosa is the most popular beach, and is easily accessible via public transportation.
By adding these activities to your Valencia itinerary, you’ll experience the city’s unique culture, history, and cuisine. Plan your trip today and immerse yourself in all that Valencia has to offer!