Cebu City, located in the central part of the Philippines, offers visitors a wide array of activities to enjoy. From cultural experiences to outdoor adventures, there’s something for everyone. Here are the best things to do in Cebu City.
1. Visit Magellan’s Cross – This is one of the city’s most famous landmarks. The cross was planted by Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan in 1521, signifying the start of Christianity in the Philippines.
2. Get lost in Fort San Pedro – This military defense structure was built by the Spanish in the 17th century. The fort’s walls are made of coral and contain a museum that showcases Cebu’s history.
3. Take a stroll along Colon Street – This is considered to be the oldest street in the Philippines. Here, you can find traditional Filipino goods and experience local street food.
4. Go island hopping – Cebu is home to numerous islands, and island hopping tours are offered daily. Visit beautiful beaches, snorkel in crystal-clear waters, and relax under the sun.
5. Sample Cebu’s lechon – This roasted pig is a local specialty and is considered to be one of the best in the country. Try it at Zubuchon, Rico’s, or Carcar Market.
6. Explore Taoist Temple – This beautiful temple is located in the Beverly Hills neighborhood of Cebu. The temple is open to the public and offers great views of the city.
7. Visit the Basilica del Santo Niño – This beautiful church is home to the Santo Niño de Cebu, one of the oldest religious relics in the Philippines. Many devout Catholics visit the basilica to pray and light candles.
In conclusion, Cebu City is a great destination for travelers looking for a mix of culture, history, and adventure. So if you’re planning a trip to the Philippines, don’t forget to include Cebu City in your itinerary!