Tomsk is a picturesque city located in the western part of Siberia, Russia. It is known for its rich history, cultural heritage, and stunning natural beauty. If you are planning to visit Tomsk, here are the best things to do.
1. Explore Tomsk State University – Tomsk State University is one of the oldest universities in Russia and has a rich history. Visit the university and explore the beautiful buildings and museums, including the Museum of Tomsk University and the Museum of Slavic Mythology.
2. See the Wooden Architecture – Tomsk is renowned for its unique and beautiful wooden architecture. The city has over 70 wooden buildings, including churches, houses, and museums. Visit the Tomsk Museum of Wooden Architecture and Ethnography to see the best examples of wooden architecture.
3. Visit the Tomsk Historical Museum – This museum is the best place to learn about the rich history of Tomsk. It has a vast collection of artifacts, including ancient Siberian artifacts, gold and silver jewelry, and Russian Imperial items.
4. Walk along Lenin Avenue – Lenin Avenue is the main street of Tomsk and is one of the most significant historical landmarks of the city. Take a walk along the avenue and explore the historical buildings, shops, and restaurants.
5. Visit the Voskresenskaya Hill – Voskresenskaya Hill is the highest point in Tomsk and offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the city. It is also a famous pilgrimage site for Orthodox Christians.
6. Attend a Russian Ballet Performance – Tomsk is famous for its rich cultural heritage, including ballet. Attend a Russian ballet performance at the Tomsk Opera and Ballet Theater and experience the magic of the Russian Ballet.
In conclusion, Tomsk is a gem of Siberia, Russia, worth exploring. With its cultural heritage, natural beauty, and unique wooden architecture, it offers a unique experience like no other. So, plan your visit now and explore the best things Tomsk has to offer.