Saranda, nestled on the Ionian Sea coast of Albania, is a hidden gem waiting to be explored. Known for its breathtaking beaches and rich history, it’s no surprise that Saranda has become a top destination for travelers. Here are some of the best attractions you can’t miss during your visit to this coastal paradise.
1. Butrint National Park – Butrint is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most popular attractions in Albania. The park is home to ancient ruins that date back to the Greek, Roman, and Byzantine periods.
2. Lekuresi Castle – Take a short hike up to Lekuresi Castle and prepare to be blown away by panoramic views of Saranda and Corfu. The castle was built by Ottoman Turks in the 16th century and serves as a popular spot for watching the sunset.
3. Mirror Beach – Mirror Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Saranda region. This secluded beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and taking in the breathtaking views of the crystal-clear waters.
4. Blue Eye – Situated in the heart of Southern Albania, Blue Eye is a natural spring that gets its name from its crystal-clear blue water. The surrounding landscape is stunning and well worth a visit.
5. Saranda Promenade – The Saranda Promenade is the perfect place to take a stroll and soak up the Mediterranean vibe. The promenade is lined with cafes, bars, and restaurants, providing plenty of opportunities for a refreshing drink and a bite to eat.
Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or simply enjoying the great outdoors, Saranda has something for everyone. So pack your bags and get ready to explore this hidden gem on the coast of Albania.