Cascais, Portugal, located on the western coast of the country, is a picturesque seaside town that offers a perfect blend of relaxation, culture, history, gastronomy, and outdoor adventure. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful beach holiday, a cultural getaway, or a mix of both, Cascais has something to offer every type of traveler. Here are the top 10 best things to do in Cascais, Portugal.
1. Relax on the Beaches – With over 10 beautiful beaches in Cascais, it’s hard to choose just one. Some of the most popular beaches include Praia do Guincho, Praia do Tamariz, and Praia da Conceição. All offer stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean.
2. Explore the Culture – Cascais has a rich history and culture that can be explored through its museums, exhibitions, and monuments. Some of the must-see cultural sites include the Cascais Cultural Center, the Castro Guimarães Museum, and the Citadel Palace.
3. Stroll through the Historic Center – Cascais’ historic center is full of colorful buildings, beautiful architecture, and quaint shops and restaurants. Take a leisurely stroll through the winding streets and soak up the atmosphere.
4. Sample the Gastronomy – Portugal is known for its delicious cuisine, and Cascais is no exception. Be sure to try traditional dishes such as bacalhau (salted cod), grilled sardines, and pastéis de nata (custard tarts).
5. Relax in the Parks – Cascais is home to several beautiful parks that are perfect for picnics, walks, or simply relaxing. The Marechal Carmona Park is a must-visit, with its numerous gardens, fountains, and sculptures.
6. Stay Active Outdoors – Cascais is a great place for outdoor enthusiasts, with plenty of options for hiking, cycling, and watersports. The Sintra-Cascais Natural Park is a particularly popular place for hiking and enjoying the stunning scenery.
7. Visit the Boca do Inferno – This natural wonder is a must-see when visiting Cascais. The dramatic cliffs and rock formations create a breathtaking landscape, and the crashing waves add to the dramatic effect.
8. Take a Day Trip – Cascais is located just 30 minutes from Lisbon, making it the perfect base for exploring the capital city. Other nearby day trip options include Sintra, Estoril, and Cabo da Roca.
9. Enjoy the Nightlife – Cascais has a lively nightlife, with bars, nightclubs, and live music venues catering to all tastes. Some of the most popular places include Bar do Guincho, Sky Bar, and Swing Out Cascais.
10. Experience the Festivals – Cascais is home to several festivals throughout the year, including the Cascais Jazz Festival, the Cascais Food Fest, and the Cascais International Fireworks Festival. Check the local calendar to see what’s happening during your visit.
Whether you’re looking for relaxation or adventure, culture or natural beauty, Cascais, Portugal has something for everyone. Book your trip today and start experiencing all that this incredible destination has to offer.