As one of the largest cities in Southern Bohemia, České Budějovice boasts a rich history and an abundance of cultural attractions. Whether you’re interested in museums, architecture, or simply strolling through picturesque streets, there’s plenty to discover in this charming Czech city. Here are some of the best attractions to add to your itinerary:
1. [SEO – Black Tower] Climb the Black Tower for panoramic views of the city – this iconic Gothic tower is over 70 meters tall and is one of the most recognizable landmarks in České Budějovice.
2. [SEO – Přemysl Otakar II. Square] Spend a lazy afternoon at Přemysl Otakar II. Square, the heart of the city’s historic center. Here you’ll find colorful buildings, quaint cafes, and a famous Samson’s Fountain.
3. [SEO – České Budějovice Museum] Learn about the city’s history at the České Budějovice Museum, which houses a variety of exhibits on topics ranging from natural history to local industry.
4. [SEO – Samson’s Fountain] Don’t miss Samson’s Fountain, a Baroque masterpiece that features a statue of the biblical figure Samson fighting a lion. It’s located in the center of Přemysl Otakar II. Square.
5. [SEO – St. Nicholas Cathedral] Visit St. Nicholas Cathedral, one of the most important sacred buildings in the city. This stunning Baroque cathedral dates back to the 17th century and features intricate frescoes and sculptures.
6. [SEO – South Bohemian Gallery] Art lovers won’t want to miss the South Bohemian Gallery, which showcases works by local and international artists. The gallery is housed in a beautiful Neo-Renaissance building near Přemysl Otakar II. Square.
7. [SEO – Budvar Brewery] Beer enthusiasts should head over to the Budvar Brewery, where you can join a guided tour of the facilities and sample some of the brewery’s famous lagers.
With so many things to see and do, České Budějovice is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to the Czech Republic. Don’t miss out on these top attractions – start planning your trip today!