When visiting Braga, Portugal, you’ll find a vibrant city full of historical sites, beautiful architecture, and great food. Here are some of the best things to do while you’re there:
1. Visit the Sé de Braga – This iconic cathedral is a must-see when visiting Braga. The mixture of Gothic and Baroque styles make it a unique and stunning attraction.
2. Explore the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary – This sanctuary is located on a hill just outside of Braga and offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city. The staircase leading to the top is a work of architectural art and a must-see.
3. Walk around the historic center – Braga’s historic center is full of charming streets and buildings dating back to the Roman era. Take a stroll and admire the beautiful architecture and quaint shops.
4. Discover the Peneda-Gerês National Park – Just a short drive from Braga is the stunning Peneda-Gerês National Park. It’s a haven for nature lovers and offers the opportunity for hiking, swimming, and wildlife spotting.
5. Visit the Braga Municipal Stadium – If you’re a football fan, make sure to visit the Braga Municipal Stadium. It’s modern and impressive and offers a great view of the city.
6. Taste the local cuisine – Braga is known for its delicious food, including dishes like roasted cod, meat stews, and pastries. Make sure to sample some of the local specialties while you’re there.
Braga is a fascinating city with plenty to do, and the above activities are just a small sampling of what it has to offer. Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or simply great food, Braga is a must-visit destination in Portugal.