Kerman is a historic city in southern Iran that has a lot to offer travelers. With a history dating back to the 3rd century AD, Kerman has been an important cultural and trade center for centuries. Here are some of the best things to do in Kerman:
1. Visit the Ganjali Khan Complex – This 17th-century complex was built by a governor of Kerman and includes a bazaar, public bath, caravanserai, and mosque. It is a great place to experience the history and architecture of Kerman.
2. Explore the Arg-e Bam – This ancient citadel dates back to the Sassanid era and is one of the largest mud-brick structures in the world. Although it was severely damaged in an earthquake in 2003, it is still worth visiting and is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
3. Visit the Rayen Castle – This fortified adobe structure is similar to the Arg-e Bam and is also located in Kerman. It is a smaller version of the Bam Citadel but is better preserved and less crowded.
4. Check out the Shah Nematollah-e-Vali Shrine – This 14th-century shrine is located in nearby Mahan and is considered one of the most beautiful structures in Iran. It includes a mosque, library, and tomb of the famous Sufi poet.
5. Go hiking in Lut Desert – Kerman is located near the Lut Desert, which is one of the hottest and driest places on Earth. However, it is also one of the most scenic and unique landscapes in Iran and offers great opportunities for hiking and exploring.
6. Visit the Shazdeh Garden – This stunning Persian garden is located in the city of Mahan and includes fountains, streams, and colorful flowers. It is a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of Kerman.
7. Explore the bazaars of Kerman – Kerman has a rich history of trade and commerce, and its bazaars are some of the most vibrant and colorful in Iran. Be sure to visit the Vakil Bazaar and Moshtagh Bazaar to experience the local culture and buy some souvenirs.
Whether you are interested in history, culture, or nature, Kerman has something to offer travelers. So, pack your bags and head to this fascinating city for an unforgettable experience.